Professional Heat Pump Services in Sunrise & Plantation, FL
The words “heat pump” confuse a lot of people. Logically, it sounds like an appliance used for … well, heat. But heat pumps don’t generate heat. They move heat from outside to indoors for heating —and they do the opposite when it comes time to cool a home. When it comes to cool and clean indoor air conditioning, heat pumps may be the best system you can have here in Southeast Florida.
The mini-split system is most widespread, but other types of heat pumps are:
- Gas (for properties larger than 4,000 square feet)
- Water source
How Heat Pumps Work
Heat pumps use refrigeration technology and electricity to provide cool or warm air throughout your home. There is an indoor unit and a condenser unit (usually located outside). For cool air, heat pumps transfer outside warm air to a coolant/refrigerant. For warm air, they reverse the process.
Heat pumps have a reputation for not working well in areas that see a lot of frigid weather. But in Florida, that’s rarely a problem. And in other areas, modern heat pumps can usually operate for a short time in below-zero temperatures.
Your Trusted Cooling Answers
GET A FREE ESTIMATE!
Benefits of Heat Pumps for Sunrise Homes
Heat pumps save money and energy. Reducing your carbon footprint while lowering your utility bills is a win-win!
Some of the benefits of heat pumps include:
- Energy efficiency: There are many variables, but switching to a heat pump can increase energy savings by $300/year. Some heat pumps can reduce your monthly energy bill by as much as 50%.
- Good return on investment: Adding a heat pump system will increase your property value.
- Maintenance extends life span: Heat pumps must have annual maintenance. This will maximize your energy efficiency and indoor air quality. The average life span for a heat pump is about 15 years, but with regular maintenance, your heat pump can last 20+years.
- Money savings: Heat pumps are cheaper to run. Look for a SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) of 13-23.
- Reduces carbon emissions: Because of the energy-to-heat conversion rate, heat pumps reduce air pollution.
- Safety: Heat pumps offer improved safety over combustion-based systems.
- Tax incentives: Heat pumps qualify for energy rebates. Ask your tax professional about federal tax credits that have been extended.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
Heat pumps operate easily and reliably. We call them “appliances,” but because they’re machines, things can go wrong. Signs you need heat pump service include:
- Frozen coils: usually caused by dirty/clogged filer or refrigerant leak
- Higher electric bill: Efficiency has been reduced
- No AC/heat: Several possible issues/often the reversing valve is stuck
- Noises: Grinding, rattling, or “groaning” noises
- Short-cycling: Thermostat or compressor malfunction
Heat pump problems are usually an easy fix, but some issues —like short-cycling —can lead to a heat pump replacement vs. repair if you don’t act quickly.
Heat Pump Replacement in Sunrise, FL
Heat pumps are amazingly dependable and last longer than most appliances. With maintenance, your heat pump should last 20 years; without maintenance, 10 years is average.
Signs it’s time to replace your heat pump in Southeast Florida are:
- Energy usage spikes suddenly
- Frequent repairs
- Humidity increases
- Rooms too hot/too cold
- Rooms/house dustier than usual
- Rust on the unit
- System unusually loud
Heat Pump Maintenance in Sunrise & Pembroke Pines, FL
Heat pumps need regular maintenance. Maintenance can support or extend your unit’s warranty. It will definitely extend its life span, which can save thousands of dollars.
Heat pump maintenance can include lubricating moving parts and checking:
- Electric control (ensuring heating is locked out when cooling is required)
- Electric terminals
- Indoor coil
- Outdoor unit
- Refrigerant charge/leaks
- Thermostat operation
Trust Ask For Cool Air Conditioning For Heat Pump Services in Sunrise, FL
If you’re considering a heat pump this year, let’s partner to ensure you get exactly what you need. Ask For Cool can install, repair, and maintain any make, model, or brand of heat pump, but brands we recommend include:
Ask For Cool has:
- 4.5-star rating with Nicelocal Florida
- Five-star rating with Yelp
- A+ rating with BBB
- Continuing education and technical training for all specialists
- Financing available
- Industry-best practices
- Knowledgeable about city/county/state requirements and codes
- Superior customer care
Heat pump efficiency may be exactly what you need! We also have financing options that will work with your budget. To learn more about heat pumps in Sunrise, FL, call 954-678-6764 or contact Ask For Cool Air Conditioning, Inc.